Friday, December 09, 2005

Motown Winter Blast


I can't wait for the Super Bowl week in Detroit, and specifically this year's Motown Winter Blast. I loved seeing Detroit during the MLB All Star Game and the Jazz Festival because the events let me imagine what Detroit could be rather than dwell on what it is not. Since the Campus Martius Rink opened in November there's noticeably more people downtown which is always good to see, and the Winter Blast will pack the streets with people willing to travel downtown to enjoy the city. You can't help but get excited when you see families roaming the streets, ice skating, and shopping. I think I might go everyday to breathe it all in.

Once again, reading about the people behind the Blast's preparations, I'm impressed with their work and dedication. I know that running Detroit is hard to compare with organizing a relatively small, four day event, but why can't we have some of this talent and success run the city!?

No comments:

Post a Comment