Tuesday, October 11, 2005

The Silver Lining


Amid all of the depressing news articles coming out of Detroit about the Delphi bankruptcy, I've really enjoyed Tom Walsh's two most recent columns in the Detroit Free Press. I think he's right that this state can learn from Delphi's recovery.

I was also happy to see that Walsh's second column featured former University of Michigan president James Duderstadt drumming up concern for where Michigan is headed. Duderstadt came and spoke to one of my classes last term about what a university will look like in the future (http://milproj.ummu.umich.edu/home/). His lecture featured really innovative ideas, so I hope that he can help this state address problems that are rooted in ideas and cultures that have long been unwilling to change.

No comments:

Post a Comment